Friday, January 8, 2010

Two movies I would've killed to see as a kid

Always seeing its VHS cover in video stores as a kid, I always wanted to watch "The Warriors" but never got a chance to rent it. I fantasized what this moved would be about.

But forget "The Warriors." What I really should've seen was "Bronx Warriors" aka "1990: Bronx Warriors" aka "1990: I guerrieri del Bronx" and its equally mindless yet totally action-packed apocalyptic sequel "Bronx Warriors 2" aka "Escape From the Bronx" aka "Escape 2000" aka "Fuga dal Bronx"...even though the combined IMDB rating for each averages out to about 3.2, these come out to a 10.0 in the IMDBFCK (Internet Movie Database for Confused Kids). In my imaginary world, I WAS Mark Gregory, I had many automatic weapons and grenades, and I shot everything that moved.

Some awesome posters:



Bronx Warriors in Yugoslavia:

And the Bronx Warrior VHS cover (notice the enticing line at the bottom: "A heavy metal journey into an urban hell where everything has gone wrong!")


Bronx Warriors 2:

In West Germany it was called "The Riffs II" or "Flucht aus der Bronx"

And in Pakistan, the poster's focus seems to be on a couple gun-toting chicks who are barely in the movie, two beauties who aren't in it at all (the one posing in the background and the disheveled-looking blonde in the right foreground), and the crazy underground gang leader who could be mistaken as Pakistani.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Ann Arbor, MI, United States