Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sci-Fi Party


The coolest bookstore in the Midwest is DAWN TREADER in my new home city of Ann Arbor, Michigan. This place has at least two times more science fiction than the famed John King Books in downtown Detroit (in about 5 times less space). Amazingly, the books are still in relatively awesome condition even though there are multiple gaping holes in the ceiling dripping peaceful drops of water on unsuspecting hardcore sci-fi shoppers.

When I first came upon this inter-galactic trove, located in the very rear of the store, I nearly fell upon my knees and started to pray. My hands became moist. I suddenly needed to take a dump. I haven't felt like this since I was 11 and bought an Incredible Hulk #105 and Marvel Spotlight #5 for two bucks each at a Camera Show with my dad (from two recently-released-from-prison-looking dudes who were very nervous and knew absolutely nothing about comics).

I have found some totally awesomely awesome books at this store, including Steve Wilson's "The Lost Traveller." (Pictured) How can you resist a book with a dude looking like Tom Savini in "Dawn of the Dead" on the cover? And for $1.50--no waayy...

The only novels I've yet to come across at Dawn Treader:
City - Clifford Simak
Fifth Head of Cerebus - Gene Wolfe

Everything else is there and waiting for YOU.

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

Ann Arbor, MI, United States