Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1980s movies that I really want to see again (but likely won't turn out to be as entertaining now that it's 2010 and I'm older than eight)

Meatballs Part II (1984) -- I saw this at least ten times in the second half of the 80's, yet the only details I recall are that it involved an alien befriended by a bunch of kids at camp, they dub this alien "Meathead," and dress him up in yellow raincoat and hat. Meathead was hilarious. I hated E.T. and loved Meathead.

Making Contact (1985) -- I think this centered around some kid who gets freaked out by a possessed ventriloquist's doll that pops out of the kid's bedroom closet. Or maybe the kid wasn't freaked out at all, maybe it was little me that was freaked out. "Scarred" is probably more accurate. By the way, it took me a while to dig up the name of this one.

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone (1983) -- I know I saw "Spacehunter" in the theater. I think think this was the time when the theater's AC system stopped working and it was the middle of summer 1983 and about 102 degrees outside. Nevertheless, I remember the movie being pretty cool, especially because of the cars and a train or something that had a big sail on top of it. And it was in 3D, I think.

Ice Pirates (1984) -- Wait, I saw this again about a year or two ago and it was horrible. Like Spacehunter, it ripped off nearly every popular contemporary sci-fi movie (Star Wars, Mad Max, etc.), yet Spacehunter was fun. Well, at least I remember it as being fun--we shall see (thank you, piratebay). Ice Pirates is stupid. And it stars Robert Urich doing his very own third-rate impression of Han Solo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Ann Arbor, MI, United States