Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Metal Detector

As long as I can remember I dreamed of owning a metal detector. My dream has been fulfilled: for Christmas, my generous and thoughtful fiancee gave me one. Metal detecting has always represented freedom to me. The freedom to dig holes all over the place. The freedom to walk around looking like a total weirdo, totally immersed in the pursuit of buried treasure, oblivious to anything else but the pursuit of treasure. The freedom to get rich without paying taxes.

I took my metal detector on a trial run last week in my back yard, picked up a few "hot" spots, dug around in the mud (after hacking through a few inches of frozen dirt), and found four rusty nails in two hours.

Here's my horde:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Ann Arbor, MI, United States