Wednesday, December 30, 2009

More interesting things about Michigan


In my last post I may have given the impression that 10-cent returnables are one of the few decent things about Michigan. Well, that just isn't the case at all.

Here, in no particular order, are some other interesting things about my fair State:

1. The People Mover
2. Mafia tunnels linking mansions in Grosse Pointe
3. Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox statues in Ossineke (formerly at the Paul Bunyan Lookout and Campground, R.I.P.)
4. Belle Isle
5. Y.B.I. (Young Boys Incorporated)

Please comment with any other things you think make Michigan distinctive.

And above you'll find a portrait I did of Milton 'Butch' Jones, co-founder and leader of the now-defunct Y.B.I.. Mr. Jones is currently serving 30 years (which should've been life) in federal prison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Ann Arbor, MI, United States